Sunday, April 09, 2006

Huge Natto!!!!!





Sorry folks, I know it has been a week since my last post!

This time I indulged myself and made homemade natto with the largest soybeans I could find. Normally natto in Japan is made with very small soybeans, in fact I have been having trouble finding beans that small in Canada. I however am always on the lookout for natto made with the biggest beans possible. Although it is possible to find natto made with larger beans, I have never seen anything like the beans that my sister in law found in a department store near her house. these soybeans are grown in Hokkaido and are friggen huge! I have compared them with average sized ] beans (in the photo) and I have also taken some photos of some fresh natto that my friend brought from Japan. Mito natto is probably the largest and most popular natto manufacture in Japan (my direct competition).

This natto is by far the best that I have made to date!

3 Comments:

Blogger PetalumaVictory said...

I can't find tiny soybeans either. I was always curious about lentil natto. Thank you for showing me the way. I need to try that out.

11:20 p.m.  
Blogger jago said...

Where can I buy the natto bacteria online for making my own?

5:51 p.m.  
Blogger june said...

omggg! That natto looks soooooooooo goooddddd ;_______;
THE BIG ONE!
How yummy.

12:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home