Saturday, April 01, 2006

Natto Idea #5 Natto Omelette







Ok, this idea comes from my sister in law in Japan who is a fantastic cook with a love for food. I was lucky enough to have her prepare one for me in January in Japan and since then I have made many natto omelettes with all different types of natto and I have loved every one. I the pictures here I have used kiriboshi daikon natto and this was my favorite. I like to leave them a little runny in the middle but that is just my preference!

Recipe:

2 eggs
1 chopped green onion
1 tablespoon seasoning soya or soba sauce or soya sauce and dashi (bonito stock)
2 tablespoons of water
50 grams of natto (or more)

just beat all ingredients together and test out your omelette skills!

enjoy

pjt

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks very delicious. Please save some for my son Lucas. He loves natto, more than life itself. I just put him to bed and could smell wisps of natto coming from his face. I tried to wash it all off, but he got it all around. I should have given him a bath, but I think he prefers to have some with him to take to bed.

10:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
I am very impressed about your passion for Nattou.
I really think that it will be good idea to open or sell nattou with Lucas. of course he will be the tester. if you can make Kousei eat nattou, which he hates, you should really consider.

can I link your blog to mine??

10:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


sorry、I forgot to write my name.

10:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home